Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Ying Yang of downsizing

Yes it feels good but it drives me crazy. We (Kristine and I) made big fast progress in the back clearing out crap. Oh my word. I love empty space. But! There is so much more. Sell it, it is good stuff, give it away and throw it in the dumpster. The dumpster is full again. This is difficult.

And there is the never ending threat it is still only month to month. Oh well, this is step one. If anyone reading this has anything at my shop, come and get it now or it might disappear. I sometimes feel like getting rid of it all. It would be easier.

The latest items for sale are 4- 6 foot folding tables $25 each or all four for $90.
I have a lot of jewelry racks. Shelves and three really nice glass shelf fixtures for $200 each or all three for $475. I have several wooden cup stands. Pictures soon. First come, first serve. Cash or credit cards on these items only.

Venture's timing is terribly bad for us all. Peoria is a mess and those of us who are left have no business. What a time to raise the rent. Today my lane in front was blocked all day with giant trucks and men with hard hats busting concrete. There is no parking in front. One section of the alley was closed to get to parking in the back while the city puts in new drains on 37th street. It is open now. Even 36th is blocked from Norfolk to Peoria going east.
I miss Amanda. I loved our regrouping with tea in the afternoons. She has moved out. Mikey and Claudia are closing at the end of this month and Tom at Floating World Gallery is shutting down as well. Am I the last one rearranging the chairs on the Titanic?

Plus Southminster Church is building a monster building in front of my house and it is looking much larger than I imagined. They start drilling holes into steel really early in the morning.

Tomorrow is a new day and the weekend offers lots of time for getting ahead sorting and tossing.

Stay tuned for more de-cluttering tips and more items for sale.

Tip for the day: Let go of the past and think of the future. Less stuff makes life sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment