Friday, September 10, 2010

Pottery and Cupcakes

So what is the best cupcake recipe I have ever tasted doing on my Pottery blog?  Anyone who reads this knows I write about life and pottery and this recipe did come to me my pottery class.  I was talking to one of my students and she said she was divorced and the best thing she got out of the marriage was this recipe.  It was her ex mother in law's recipe.  Somehow the name of these cupcakes will have to reflect that fact sooner or later. We ate and enjoyed and tried to stay away from having a 2nd one.  We were like bees and honey.

And then this wonderful quiet woman brings a surprise to class.  The cupcakes. We ate and enjoyed and tried to stay away from having a 2nd one.  We were like bees and honey.  Just when I thought I was over chocolate moving on to raspberries and yogurt ice cream as a favorite, these jewels to the tongue appear.

She told me I could share it so here goes.

The Best Damned Chocolate Cupcakes from an Ex Husbands Mother 
 Hi Linda,
 
Below is the recipe I mentioned in class tonight.  Enjoy.
 

Black Bottom Cupcakes


Filling:
1 8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 egg
1/3 cup sugar
1 6 oz. chocolate chips

Cake:
1 ½ cup flour
1 cup sugar
¼ cup cocoa
1 tsp soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup water
1/3 cup oil
1 tsp vinegar

Mix filling ingredients together.  Mix cake ingredients.  Add cake mixture to cupcake holders, filling ½ to 1/3 full.  Drop a spoonful of the filling mixture into each cupcake.
second place cupcake is in Denver downtown at Cook's fresh market
The jewel of the tongue

Bake 25 – 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment