Monday, December 15, 2008

Silly potter

So we did the "Open House" and some pots sold and some did not. And then, as the organizer you have to write the letter telling how much you like the other persons work and how you are thankful they were in your show and how sorry you are you did not sell anything. It gets a bit sappy and I honestly felt bad to have to tell my friend he did not sell and had great pots. Thought you might enjoy this hilarious re-interpretation of my letter. Basically he re-wrote my letter and sent it back to me. I laughed until I almost fell off my cold metal stool.

My letter of apology:
Kevin,
Hi again. Wish I could tell you i sold everything but I can't. You had lots of compliments and admirers but did not sell anything. Rats! And, it is all so lovely and ridiculously inexpensive. And people even talked about how inexpensive and beautiful it is. Rats.
So, thanks so much for participating and we will touch base about returning your pots at your convenience.

Oh and guess what? We really lucked out. The enormous and EMPTY tent caught the wind in the middle of the night blew into the air, over the fence with four really heavy blocks and crashed in the garden. We regrouped the next morning and everyone was moved inside. The wind was not supposed to arrive until morning. That was a close one and the tent is repairable. Good grief! No art was lost.
Soon, With hugs, Linda

My re-written letter by Kevin as it returned to me
On Dec 14, 2008, at 11:11 PM,
Linda Rimstidt Coward, in a fit of delusional ecstacy, wrote:

> Kevin,
> Hi again. I sold everything . You had lots of compliments and > admirers . Rats! You are so lovely and ridiculously inexpensive. > And people even talked about how good you smell. Occasionally. > Rats. I think you stink in your armpit-personal regions.
> So, thanks so much for participating and we will touch various > privates at your convenience.
>
> Oh and guess what? We really lucked out. The enormous and EMPTY > tent caught the wind in the middle of the night, blew into the air, > over the fence and crashed into the life sized statue of the > monster Dick Cheney. We regrouped the next morning and everyone > had their movements inside. Good grief! No art was lost. Mercy!
> Soon, With lascivious hugs, Linda, pass the > marguarrittaszzz, R C
>

This is why I love my friends. What a great attitude! "Who, me worry?" He confessed that he and his brother have rewritten peoples letters since they were children after they sent them.

So now I will have to buy at least one of his beautiful pots. It is worth the price to just keep laughing and remind me of this letter in my old age.

No comments:

Post a Comment