Sunday, June 15, 2008

Join me in another journey to Santa Fe

The drive is long about 10 hours or so from Tulsa. The road is straight and the weather always changes along the way.

That big aluminum cross is always there, beside the road. It is enormous and now it has a tacky little gift shop under it. How about a Star of David across the road from it? At least they don't play Onward Christian Soldiers out loud as you pass.

The light out the window, in the rain, out the window toward the cross was quite dramatic.

More rain.

More rain, more trucks.

It takes a long time to get there. At least we are not walking.

The fronts pass through quickly.

The wind blows like crazy.

Driving and driving, just stay awake.

My car says Santa Fe on the front for good reason. I say I am from here even though I don't have a house or job here. I would love to live here. A piece of my heart is always here. It is, in my opinion, one of the most livable art cities around. Where else can you see so much art in such a small space? Wonderful artists and writers come through have openings, lectures and shows and yet it is not that scary New York big stinky city feel. Maybe really living here is not that great unless you are rich and like cold winters but long visits three out of four seasons works great for me. Great art, great restaurants and good company. I am just glad it isn't any further from Tulsa. It takes us about 10 hours to get here and we don't speed much.

No comments:

Post a Comment