Sunday, July 13, 2008

Mongel, the movie

John and I went to our favorite theatre and only theatre in Tulsa, The Circle Cinema. I gave John a membership to the theater a few years ago for his birthday. It is a great independent and foreign film kind of place in Tulsa.

The movie Mongol was playing and it was terrific. I have not seen a blockbuster style movie in a long time and it was thrilling. The photography was great and the story way fascinating, Genghis Khan on the big screen. Love blood and guts. I usually don't like that much war but it was fascinating and believable as we look back into the 1100-1200ad time frame. It was a great escape into another way of life. The actors were intense and realistic. I have not seen a movie that kept me on the edge of my seat like this since I was a little girl watching those Saturday afternoon movies on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment