My friend, Tom, sent me one of these, you know, computer questionnaires. I usually write them off, roll my eyes and say "There is no way I am forwarding these pop tests to my friends about their favorite ice cream or whatever."
I hate chain letters and board games. But this strikes me a little differently.
My new most favorite life experience is the travel opportunities at the beginning of the year. I think it is a great time to think and re-evaluate what life is to me. These questions kind of do that too.
There is something to be said for many of these questions. No, you don't have to send me your answers or risk a curse or participate in a chain letter. Maybe these are just some some little thoughts to re-evaluate the year, personally. Are we doing what we want to be doing and living like we think we are?
You might want to think about some of these questions and share some and keep some to yourself.
1.What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
2.Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
3.Did anyone close to you give birth?
4.Did anyone close to you die?
5.What countries did you visit?
6.What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
7.What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
8.What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9.What was your biggest failure?
10.Did you suffer illness or injury?
11.What was the best thing you bought?
12.Whose behavior merited celebration?
13.Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14.Where did most of your money go?
15.What events did you get really, really, really excited about?
16.What song will always remind you of 2008?
17.Compared to this time last year, are you:
ii.thinner or fatter?
iii.richer or poorer?
18.What do you wish you'd done more of?
19.What do you wish you'd done less of?
20.How will you be spending Christmas?
21.Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
22.Did you fall in love in 2008?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
27. What was your greatest musical discovery or rediscovery?
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What were your favorite films of this year?
31.What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most/least?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
37. Whom did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
Change happens, still
40. Do you have any lost feelings of others?
41.Quote a song that sums up your year:
Just a little food for thought. Public journaling is still kind of a strange idea to me so I will not print my answers for everyone. Besides, it is not mine that matter. It is yours.