Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Plan and Shrimp, Green Onions, Olive oil, Parmesan Cheese and Noodles

So I had yesterday's delicious noodle meal again. It really cuts down on the cooking time. But...I hurriedly microwaved the noodles and of course they toughened a little.

So I look in the fridge tonight and there are still left over snotty-noodles. Hmmm. Time to play Spendid Table. What can I do? I had a handful of leftover frozen shrimp. Run them over warm water. Re-soften those noodles. No more trips through the microwave.

Cut up a little green onion, add fresh red pepper (some), a couple tablespoons of half and half, a splash of good olive oil, a few little cubes of butter. Sprinkle with garlic salt and bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Bake at 300 in glass bowl for about 15 minutes. Stir before serving. Good save! The noodles were tender again and the flavors divine.
Dessert was a few little bites of cake from Whole Foods, Chantilly cake and Italian creme cake. We split two pieces and have a lot left.
Oh yes, did I mention champagne? Champagne and cake is one of my favorites. It is almost worth crashing wedding parties for the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment