Saturday, March 22, 2008

Leaving Honokaa, a great little town

The phone booth in the hotel

Looking down the road from the hotel

Whoa takes on a whole new meaning in this community

hotel entrance


down the hall in the hotel

The steps leading down to my room

If I had to live on the big island in Hawaii, it would probably be in Honokaa. It is a small town with a lot of character and maybe one of the few affordable places left, if you won the lottery.
Coffee shops, gift shops, an affordable motel/hostel nice folks great scenery, a movie theatre, and some very inventive little boys going downhill all the time on skateboards.
I left there today to come back to Kurtistown and my friends and to visit Hangin Loose this weekend. On Monday I will begin to finish up my pots. Some of the creme of the crop will be left here for a show after I am gone. If we can get this together we may show them again in Tulsa, if the freight allows.
I will be home soon and I am ready. I miss my family and friends and my life. One more push and it is gonna happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment