Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Wonderful Art Quotes from Tom in Costa Rica

These quotes, and I love quotes, were sent to me by my friend Tom in Costa Rica. Visit his website and see his Bed and Breakfast in progress. Looks great. Thanks Tom!


The one important thing I have learned over the years is the difference between taking one's work seriously and taking one's self seriously. The first is imperative and the second is disastrous.
- Margot Fonteyn, 1919 - 1991

Deliver me from writers who say the way they live doesn't matter. I'm not sure a bad person can write a good book, If art doesn't make us better, then what on earth is it for?
- Alice Walker

So much has been said and sung of beautiful young girls, why don't somebody wake up to the beauty of old women?
- Harriet Beecher Stowe, 1811 - 1896

You have to admit that most women who have done something with their lives have been disliked by almost everyone.
- Francoise Gilot

In 1980, a well-meaning fundraiser came to see me and said, "Miss Graham, the most powerful thing you have going for you to raise money is your respectability." I wanted to spit! Respectable! Show me any artist who wants to be respectable.
- Martha Graham

Literature is strewn with the wreckage of those who have minded beyond reason the opinion of others.
- Virginia Woolf, 1882 - 1941


Tom Ackley
Vista Valverde Bed & Breakfast
Opening in 2008
www.vistavalverde.com

No comments:

Post a Comment