Saturday, November 8, 2008

Great Party and Sale Garden Deva

What a beautiful and fun show. The 9th Annual Garden Show just happened this weekend. It was a delightful and rewarding show to be in. Thanks for asking me to join in. I wanted to do it last year and was over obligated to heaven knows what. The joys of scaling down the shop make it fun to be active in local events again. And, as most of my friends know, the shop was weighing heavily on my shoulders and I was getting mentally and physically exhausted. Not now! I am back in the saddle again.

It was a pleasure to see so many friends again and sell some stuff as well. I was glazing frantically the last couple of days before the show but it paid off. Mikey Coy, Claudia Doyle and I shared a booth and I also asked my friend and student Kelly Kroh to bring a few pots as well. We sat and visited and listened to a great group of musicians as well. A few local restaurants furnished food and it was a hit as well. The food was delicious and people were commenting and saying they would visit the restaurants as well. That is what I like to see. Effective networking. The cream of the crop of artists were in the show.
Did we get rich? Well...we all made a little money and had a great time. I heard the jewelers did really well. Those ladies will really pay to decorate their bodies.

Rebecca Ungerman's choir performed, the Farm Couple, and Leslie Brown had a lot of drumming going on. That is just a few of the musicians.

Lisa had done a fine job growing her business. It makes the entrepreneur come out in me but I am trying to keep that under control. I like to create businesses and looking at what she has done to her building and all the character she has put into it makes me want to do it too, if I were 10 years younger. And Lisa is exactly 10 years younger than I am to the day!

I am being encouraged by several people to get a group together and make the Church Street Studio into an art center and I am thinking about it. I am trying to control my ambitions and enjoy life and not get in over my head. Yet, I know how to do it and make it happen. Hmm.
But, I want the Keep it Simple approach to life now and I want to make good art, travel and enjoy time with my friends. That does not sound like it includes building an art center. Isn't it time for the younger crowd to do that and I just rent studio space from them? But... but.

It almost felt like we were somewhere else, in some other town that really supports the arts in fine style at Garden Deva's show. I wish we had more shows and places like her place. And. of course, I really like her and appreciate seeing such a successful business woman in action. Good work Garden Deva.

No comments:

Post a Comment