Monday, November 24, 2008

Success and Happiness


Eric Baker's Iron and Glass Tree in the Garden of the Philbrook. Out of the corner of my eye, I thought it was real for a minute.

I still like making pots after 35 years. I feel really lucky to have always known what I love to do. Of course there is more to life than pottery and travel and photography are my next favorite ways to spend my time.

Children in my pottery classes will sometimes ask what it is like to be a potter. I tell them I am very very rich but I don't have a lot of money. And I tell the adults if my life gets any richer I think I will throw up. I feel very lucky. But you do have to make it happen. It is not just luck.

My Dad told me one time, "Linda, God gave you a garden but you gotta pull your own weeds."

Albert Schweitzer:

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.

(quote from Wisdom Quotes)


No comments:

Post a Comment