Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Wally? Are you out there? I am so proud of you!

Oh my gosh! Life and art really do mesh.

Guess what? My wonderful and ever so aware of everything husband just informed me the Wally, Tony Dow, you know the Beaver Cleaver's older cute brother will have a piece in the Louvre in Paris by invitation.

Read this story from Yahoo. I hope I have given enough credit to this wonderful source. I bet you can search Yahoo to read the original with great respect to them.

'Leave It to Beaver' actor to show at the Louvre



In this image released by Blair Hayes, a bronze abstract sculpture of a figure AP – In this image released by Blair Hayes, a bronze abstract sculpture of a figure of a woman holding a shield …

LOS ANGELES – Eat your heart out, Eddie Haskell.

Tony Dow, best known as the actor who portrayed The Beav's big brother, Wally, in the '50s TV series "Leave It to Beaver," will have one of his abstract sculptures on display at the Louvre. Several sculptors from the Karen Lynne Gallery — including Dow — will have their works shown at the historic art museum in Paris as part of the Societe Nationale des Beaux-Arts exhibition.

"Having something shown at the Louvre is about as good as you can get," said Dow, who lives in Los Angeles, "especially when it's a juried show like this where there's a panel of judges who pick the pieces to be in the exhibition. I'm a little humbled by the whole thing but grateful nonetheless."

Dow, who has also worked as a director and visual effects producer on several TV shows, has been painting and sculpting since he was a teenager. The 63-year-old artist's sculpture that will be shown at the Louvre from Dec. 11 to Dec. 14 is titled "Unarmed Warrior," and is a bronze figure of a woman holding a shield.

"Of course, I'm really proud of 'Leave It to Beaver' and my directing career in television," said Dow. "Those are great accomplishments. I'm really proud of them, but this is interesting because I don't think they know anything about that at the Louvre."



See I told you there was hope in America! Wally!

No comments:

Post a Comment