Friday, November 28, 2008

If I Were A Rich Girl

I am working hard and the old body is objecting a bit. I am a little slower and still set goals too high each day. I am enjoying working most of the time but those aches and pains.

If I were a rich girl I would buy a new hot tub with a no leak guarantee and I would have a great big kitchen and have lots of dinner parties. Sounds a bit spoiled rotten but I would not mind trying it. I would share both things with other needy souls.

Angels and plates should be coming out of the kiln soon along with several other things as well. Glazing takes forever even when you know what you are doing.

My thermocouple in my small kiln burned out and with the help of a couple of friends the kiln can work again tomorrow with a temporary solution. This is not a good time of the year to have a kiln not working.

Oh, if only my hot tub would hold water!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Linda,

    I have enjoyed reading your blog--much more creative than mine (Hot4Teaching on LiveJournal) and certainly entertaining. Just going through and reading emails that I have saved over the year and decided to write. I will be taking early retirement in June 2009 as I want to do something I want to do before I get much older. I totally understand the aches and pains issue--arthritis in my hips hits me when it is cold and wet. But we mush on as we were taught to do. Do you think that you might go to the reunion in the spring? If I do, it will be my first one and I have mixed emotions about going. I am soooooo not the person I was in high school and I think lots of our classmates still are. Hope that you had a good Thanksgiving and that your show goes well. Is the book out? Where can I get a copy? I love art books since I can draw or anything remotely creative like that.

    Best Wishes,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what is happening but if you didn't get my first post, I will redo it tomorrow.

    Thinking of you,

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Joan! It is so good to hear from you! I feel about high school just like you do. Reunion? I am thinking about it too. I went back to the 20th reunion and you are right. They had not changed then. So now? After teaching a couple of years I realized that certain classes have certain personalities. I think ours was a bit snotty and clickish. There were a lot of good people too and we should have held our ground more I suppose.
    So I guess we will have to see how many nice people respond and then we will know the answer. Is that snotty on our part? I hope not.

    I am still working on the book. I can only write when I go out of town and am isolated. I plan to go to Costa Rica in Jan/Feb and should write more then. I hope I finish it some day before too long.

    Thanks for reading my blog. I am so happy you like it. It gets a bit sappy sometimes and when I realize it I try to go back and edit it.

    I moderate my comments to help keep it all positive. Blogs are odd. Personal/public journal writing and I have not figured out the social manners yet.

    I will check out yours as well. Cannot wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joan,
    I like your blog and subjects as well. We are thinking in a very similar way and when I get my book in motion again, I would love to include you and some of your ideas about teaching. We must stay in touch and compare notes.
    Thanks for making contact!

    ReplyDelete